Leave of absence
- Duration and Number of Leave of Absence
|Maximum duration||4 semesters||2 semesters||4 semesters||5 semesters||5 semesters|
|Number of leaves allowed||2 times(an extension of leave is counted as one)|
-Info square-School life- change of academic status
- Approval of administrative teams
(Student Affairs Team, Library Services Team)
- Submit personal interview results and Approval of the Advisor and Chair
- Approval of Headquarters
※ Interview with the advisor and Chair of Department after applying for change of academic status.
※ Students who are allowed to take a leave of absence should pay back some of the expenses he/she received from DGIST
※ It is not allowed to take a leave of absence during the first semester except for justifiable reasons including military, childbirth, pregnancy, disease, etc.
General Leave of absence
|Date of occurrence||Reason of leave of absence||Tuition||Grade|
|Before the third quarter of a semester||When a student is unable to attend classes due to disease or other unavoidable reasons||Transferred to returning semester||Not accepted|
|After the third quarter of a semester||
Leave of absence is allowed for the following reasons only:
- Leave of absence for Military service : period may not exceed four years including compulsory service
- Leave of absence for Startups : Available for 4 semester leave of absence for entrepreneurship and start-ups, can be extended four semesters under Professor approve. The combined period of startups and general leave of absence may not exceed eight semesters(Required documents : application, business plans, and others for deliberations)
General leave of absence (within the prescribed period for reinstatement), leave of absence for military service (within one year from the date of discharge
※ If the date of discharge falls prior to the first quarter of the semester, reinstatement is allowed.
- Submit a reinstatement request form to the Educational Affairs Team after obtaining from the advisor and Department chair
- Restatement following the discharge : Submit notice of discharge or resident registration certificate