Core Protein Resources Center
Many pharmaceutical companies in Korea have tried to develop powerful biomedicines over the last ten years. Recently, the leading conglomerates, mid-sized, and venture companies are achieving magnificent results and exporting large amounts of technology for overseas expansion based on the new medicines. To enter these markets, these small scale companies still have to establish techniques with high level of difficulty. “DGIST Core Protein Resources Center” was established to overcome the technical difficulties, support and strengthen internal competitive power in a short period of time. CPRC has 3 visions, as described below.
Maximize the function of state-of-the-art public research laboratories, which concentrated and upgraded core proteins, facilities, technology and expertise resources: Establishment of domestic protein bio-pharmaceutical industry and overseas expansion, and support market reclamation.
Division of Labor: the company focuses on their own work, and CPRC provides innovatively technical support system that efficiently supports many companies at the same time.
Resources Service Center, Only One Step Away from Business: minimization of research and development risk of domestic companies.
Efficiently provides the best available technology and services to stimulate medical industries based on the four core resources (expertise, facilities, protein, technology resources) to major domestic bio-companies
“Resources Service Center, Only One Step Away from Business” The goal is a creation of a technology support center that can support companies in an innovative way to minimizes the risk through preferential securing of commercially available protein resources and related technologies.
Major Research Fields
To establish a state-of-the-art public R&D system for overseas expansion of domestic protein biopharmaceutical industry and support new start-up, we construct seven infras as follow.
Protein common technology
- primary system and equipment for cell lysis, extraction and storage
- cell culture facility
- establish equipment and skill for protein purification
Expression of recombinant protein
- Expression system for bacteria and yeast
- Expression system for insect and mammalian cells
- Development of expression vector
- performance improvement by gene manipulation
- Direct evolution technology secure
Protein analysis and advanced technology
- protein formulation and mass analysis
- performance improvement by protein modification
- operate equipment and measurement of protein activity
Core protein resources
- cytokine (including growth factor and chemokine)
- drug target and therapeutic protein
- diagnostic reagent and industrial proteins
In-silici prediction of protein structural stability based on supercomputing.
- Molecular dynamics simulation of protein structure
- analysis of protein structure
- computational biology for prediction of protein stability
Information data bank for core protein resources
- supply information of core proteins
- analysis for the big data of target proteins
- in silico pre-screening of mutants
Support services for industrial company
|Director||Chang, Ik Soo|